I often need to trouble shoot Windows Update issues. I have found that some of the following things are useful to know in regards to trouble shooting:
– Try looking at WindowsUpdate.log (click for more info)
Create the required DWORD values from table below:
- 0 – Enable Automatic Updates (Default)
- 1 – Disable Automatic Updates
- 2 – Notify for download and notify for install
- 3 – Auto download and notify for install
- 4 – Auto download and schedule the install
- 0 – Install every day
- 1 to 7 – Install on specific day of the week from Sunday (1) to Saturday (7).
- 0 to 23 – Install time of day in 24-hour format
Note: I finally decided to run strings.exe (click for more info) against the exe and here is the list of the flags I found (you can guess what they are for:)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.