Splunk PowerShell Resource Kit
The Splunk PowerShell Resource Kit enables IT administrators to manage their Splunk topology, configure Splunk internals, and engage the Splunk search engine from their PowerShell session.
PS > Get-Splunkd
ComputerName MgmtPort HTTPPort SessionTimeout MinFreeSpace EnableWeb EnableWebSSL Splunk_Home
———— ——– ——– ————– ———— ——— ———— ———–
YETICLIENT 8089 8000 1h 2000 True True C:\Program Files\Splunk
PS > Get-SplunkdUser
ComputerName UserName FullName Email Type DefaultApp Roles
———— ——– ——– —– —- ———- —–
127.0.0.1 admin Administrator email@example.com Splunk launcher admin
Here are a few of the tasks enabled by the Resource Kit:
- Determine or change the status of Splunk services across a set of Splunk servers in parallel.
- Force one or more Splunk servers to reload their configuration, in parallel.
- Deploy multiple Splunk forwarders to all active hosts in a Windows domain.
- Retrieve a list of Splunk server classes, optionally filtered by last deployment client connection time, associated applications, or matching patterns.
- Issue a Splunk search and format the retrieved events as a table, a list, or in a windowed grid view.
Most of the documentation leaves in the “Splunk PowerShell Resource Kit Cookbook”, which we highly recommend you read. You can find it here: Splunk PowerShell Resource Kit
You can find anything having to do with developing on Splunk at the Splunk developer portal:
You can also find full reference documentation of the REST API: API Reference
Email: Stay connected with other developers building on Splunk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Answers: Check out this tag on Splunk answers for: http://splunk-base.splunk.com/tags/powershell/
Resource Kits in Preview will not be Splunk supported. Once the PowerShell Resource Kit an Open Beta we will provide more detail on support.
Issues should be filed here: https://github.com/splunk/splunk-reskit-powershell/issues
You can reach the Dev Platform team at email@example.com
The Splunk PowerShell Resource Kit is licensed under the Apache License 2.0. Details can be found in the file LICENSE.